I found a list from a dealer's manual (?) describing the highlights of the Honda CB400F. We have a CB400 too, but then with a twin-cylinder.
The CB-400F is a completely new road bike. This new model is designed with a new road sports bike theme and is powered by a bigger 408cc displacement engine.
- More horsepower than the older CB-350F is provided by taking advantage of a bored out engine and a new quiet four into one exhaust system.
- The transmission utilizes six speeds instead of five speeds to transfer the increased horsepower more efficiently.
- The riding position has been styled to match the needs for high speed riding good handling and maneuverability, by using low handlebar grip positions, relocated footpeg positions and a alink type shift pedal design.
- The front forks now use the improved free valve design incorporated in the larger models.
- The motorcycle's styling appeals the serious minded road rider who finds beauty in functional precision equipment.
- The fuel tank capacity has been increased and the head light case is thinner to complete the styling theme.
- Centralized fuse box
- The main switch body is housed in a new indicator panel located between the speedometer and tachometer indicating the turn signals right and left, neutral and high beam light operations.
- Standardized fuel tank shut-off valve. The standardized positions are: Lever down is ON, Lever across is OFF and lever up is RESERVE.
- A self-returning side stand has been added. A rubber block moves the stand to the up position when the motorcycle is moving forward.
- Self-explanatory labeling has been added to the turn signal switch, ignition switch, horn, light switch, supplemental engine stop switch and the choke lever.
- New round passenger footpegs fold at a 45 degree angle to the rear.
- Electric starter interlock. Electric starter will not operate unless the transmission is in neutral or clutch is disengaged.
- Engine emission system - engine vapors are exhausted into the air cleaner for re-combustion to reduce pollution.
- New, large diameter turn signals incorporate running lights into the front.