• Welcome to 4-Stroke.net Honda viertakt bromfiets en motorfiets forum - Honda four-stroke moped and motorcycle forum.

Nieuws:

***** ATTENTION / ATTENTIE *****

THIS FORUM IS CLOSED AND MADE READ ONLY!
THE NEW FORUM CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://4-stroke.net/data-archive/forum-archive-2015-2017
All users have been migrated to the new forum, so go and have a look!
---------------------------
DIT FORUM IS GESLOTEN EN ER KAN ALLEEN GELEZEN WORDEN!
HET NIEUWE FORUM IS NU HIER: https://4-stroke.net/data-archive/forum-archive-2015-2017
Alle leden zijn gemigreerd naar het nieuwe forum, dus ga een kijkje nemen!

Main Menu

Honda Amigo 1976

Gestart door Seb, vrijdag 12 augustus 2011 - 14:24

« vorige - volgende »

Seb

Hey Racing Duck!

I know, it is very odd indeed - I just don't understand how this has happened! I don't really know what to try apart from getting a different valve, I've tried assembling it in all the possible ways, and it always leaks! I am undecided if it's me doing something silly, or if it has somehow become damaged ???

Citaatthe robinet (clever french)
Hehe, absolutely! :)

I was going to go to the bike shop today, but I had forgotten that all the shops are closed here on Sunday.. I wasn't impressed when I arrived at the closed shop.

CitaatI have found two used valves but they're not exactly the right type.
In case you want a new valve, I'll see what i can do here and send it to you.
Thank you very much for looking for the valves for me Racing Duck, and thank you for offering to send me a new one! That is very kind of you :)

However I have a couple of friends coming to visit me tomorrow, and they are leaving on the 25th, so I will not be able to work on the Amigo before then. I am a little bit worried that I will not be able to get the fuel valve in time, because my holiday finishes at the end of the month, and I am going home to the UK on the 31st :(

I will go to the bike shop when my friends are gone, and see if they have an Amigo fuel valve (unlikely) or if they have something which might be compatible (possible?). I really hope so, it would be nice to ride it at least once before I have to go home! If I can't find one, then maybe I will take you up on your offer of sending me a fuel valve (if you can get your hands on one) the next time I am in France.

I will give you an update around the 25th, when I'll have been to the shop.
As always, thank you very much for all your help and friendliness! :)

Peter van Geelen.

You're very welcome and I hope you can find a fitting robinet for it!
I think it's a fairly standard size, so it should be possible to find one that fits! :)
Dit account is verplaatst naar een ander account. Gebruik het nieuwe account om een PM naar mij te sturen. Dank je wel.

Seb

Hello!

Unfortunately I haven't been able to go to the bike shop as I have been very busy these last few days :( I'm worried that the shop will be closed tomorrow and Monday, but I will go down there tomorrow morning first thing to see if they have a fuel valve for me!

I'll keep you posted! :)

Seb

Hello!

So I went to the bike shop this morning, and unfortunately it was closed... I am in a tiny little village and the shops seem to be closed all of Sunday and Monday. This means that the earliest I can go to the shop is on Tuesday 30th, but my holiday finishes on the 31st, which is when I am flying back to England. For this reason, I've decided to leave the Amigo until next time  :cry:

I'm a little bit sad that I wasn't able to fix it all completely, but thanks to your help I was able to do a huge amount already! I've learnt lots of things and managed to get it started in the end, and now it starts up first time, every time! :) It's incredible after it hasn't been used for so long! I even took it for a cheeky little ride down the road (even though it is still leaking) to finish off the petrol I had in it. I'd never ridden a moped before and it was lots of fun!  ;D

I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without your help so I really wanted to say a big thank you for everything! :)

I'm going to be back here over Christmas, so I'll try to fix the fuel valve then if it's not too cold, and if not then I will fix it next time, which will be either at Easter or next summer. It's a shame I can't take it back home with me, I've really enjoyed working on it!  :cry:

I'll be sure to get back in touch next time I'm in France and keep you updated!

Thanks again for everything, and take care! :)
Seb

Peter van Geelen.

Hi Seb!

We'll be looking forward to your return and take care in the meanwhile! :)
This thread will stay open so you can continue your questions and adventure reports in here!

With kind regards,
Peter
Dit account is verplaatst naar een ander account. Gebruik het nieuwe account om een PM naar mij te sturen. Dank je wel.