• Welcome to 4-Stroke.net Honda viertakt bromfiets en motorfiets forum - Honda four-stroke moped and motorcycle forum.

Nieuws:

***** ATTENTION / ATTENTIE *****

THIS FORUM IS CLOSED AND MADE READ ONLY!
THE NEW FORUM CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://4-stroke.net/data-archive/forum-archive-2015-2017
All users have been migrated to the new forum, so go and have a look!
---------------------------
DIT FORUM IS GESLOTEN EN ER KAN ALLEEN GELEZEN WORDEN!
HET NIEUWE FORUM IS NU HIER: https://4-stroke.net/data-archive/forum-archive-2015-2017
Alle leden zijn gemigreerd naar het nieuwe forum, dus ga een kijkje nemen!

Main Menu

Amigo Clutch

Gestart door Kurt, woensdag 31 augustus 2011 - 12:25

« vorige - volgende »

Kurt

Hi all, iam back again.
First of all thank you all for your kind Help
So long time ago, i had again time for check the Amigo, yesterday my friends checked the engine again, the valve timing was not correct, around 3mm, now it runs.
But i have a problem, that there is no idle gear? i dont know if i wrote this right. i mean wenn you start the engine on the stand, the wheel keeps runing, no neutralgear.

Can something brocken, do i have to open the hole engine block on right side?

Regards from Switzerland

Peter van Geelen.

Hi Kurt and welcome back! :)

It is normal that your rear wheel spins when being lifted in the air since there is no real gear box present. The drive is regulated by a centrifugal clutch. Your amigo should not drive off on its own when it is idling with both wheels on the ground, though. If that happens, your idle speed is too high. Also make sure that you use the proper type of mineral oil, since it is a wet clutch.
Dit account is verplaatst naar een ander account. Gebruik het nieuwe account om een PM naar mij te sturen. Dank je wel.

Kurt

It's a bit strange, i hope i can try it again soon.

Oil is engough, and fresh, but i dont remember the viscosity, i think 10W40 or so.

Peter van Geelen.

10W40 is okay and here is the centrifugal clutch I was talking about:

http://www.4-stroke.net/forum/index.php/topic,6526.msg73373.html#msg73373 ( In Dutch though ;) )
Dit account is verplaatst naar een ander account. Gebruik het nieuwe account om een PM naar mij te sturen. Dank je wel.

Kurt

Thank you.
I think we have to open the engineblock/clutch to check, it seems to be the clutch is blocked..

Peter van Geelen.

Hi Kurt! I am curious about the progress on your clutch, hows it going and have you managed to fix the problem? ;)

Kurt

Hi all again, long time ago, amigo still doesnt work correctly.
It is at the Honda dealer since aboutn a year, he told me that i need a clutch part, which release the engine from the drive, (dont know if this is the correct word) the engine stops wenn both wheels on the ground.
I ordered a complete engine, but it was totally rusted. Now i still need the part to run the engine correctly.

Peter van Geelen.

Welcome back! :)

I'm sad to hear that you have not been able to make progress yet due to this clutch.
Is there anything I can do for you? Dig through parts or something?

If you need parts, be as specific as possible, preferably with a reference from a parts manual or something.

Hope to hear from you!

Kurt

Hi and thank you.
I dont know which part that i need, is der a explosion draft of the engine and clutch?

The mechanic said that a part is missing whitch control idle or so, i have no idea..

Peter van Geelen.