• Welcome to 4-Stroke.net Honda viertakt bromfiets en motorfiets forum - Honda four-stroke moped and motorcycle forum.

Nieuws:

***** ATTENTION / ATTENTIE *****

THIS FORUM IS CLOSED AND MADE READ ONLY!
THE NEW FORUM CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://4-stroke.net/data-archive/forum-archive-2015-2017
All users have been migrated to the new forum, so go and have a look!
---------------------------
DIT FORUM IS GESLOTEN EN ER KAN ALLEEN GELEZEN WORDEN!
HET NIEUWE FORUM IS NU HIER: https://4-stroke.net/data-archive/forum-archive-2015-2017
Alle leden zijn gemigreerd naar het nieuwe forum, dus ga een kijkje nemen!

Main Menu

PS50 - OHV

Gestart door Sauvage, zondag 30 september 2012 - 23:49

« vorige - volgende »

Sauvage

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum, I'm 31 and I live in Brussel. I was looking for a nice moped to hang on my old 69 VW camping bus...
Today I've bought a cool ride: Honda PS50. I've never heard of it before.
It's in an ok condition, it needs a new paintjob, the tacho glas is broken and tacho doesn't work (maybe the cable), the gearbox seemed to be ok and the front wheel is rusty, there is also some bad welding work on the rear wheel pignon (or ring ?) the motor run and doesn't smoke blue at the exhaust

I want to make it look and ride nice, so i will strip it down in the winter and have the frame sand blasted and powder coated, rework the brakes and cables and change the front wheel...

my first question is : Does someone knows the colour name/code of the red frame, the grey tank and the white fenders ? or any other combination ?

Hereby a picture of my new pride and joy  :grin:

Roul

P.S.: I understand Dutch but it isn't easy for me to write about a technical subject in this language

Peter van Geelen.

Hello Roul and welcome!

Very glad to hear you have bought and willing to restore a PS50! :D

You are at the right spot for this kind of information and here are the colour codes:

Red: "Scarlet Red"
Grey: "Elephant Grey"
White: "Ivory white"

Please note that Dutch types were often fitted with plain white fenders instead of ivory white ones.

Do you have any idea if you have a PS50M (Standard edition) or a PS50L (DeLuxe Edition)?
Dit account is verplaatst naar een ander account. Gebruik het nieuwe account om een PM naar mij te sturen. Dank je wel.

Sauvage

Hi Peter,

thanks already for the infos...  as I understand, you're a PS50 fan (I've read some of the topics on the dutch forum)  :grin:

I think this is a PS50M standard, but the frame Id number is hidden under the bad resprayed paint, I'll have a look at it when the honda will be at home, it is temporary in my father's barn, next week I'll bring it to my own garage.

the motor code is PS50CA P01946  (maybe it's PS50EA)

any idee where I can find a good used tacho and light switch knob ?

I'll keep you posted about the restauration work, it will start in about 15 days...

Peter van Geelen.

Citaat van: Sauvage op maandag 01 oktober 2012 - 20:19
any idee where I can find a good used tacho and light switch knob ?

These items are rare but possibru still available on Ebay. I can have a look around for you as I am currently on the couch with a bad cold. But to find the model you need, i would like to have either a picture of your current headlamp or a good description since there are various models. For example, is the light-switch on the back or on top of the headlamp housing, etc...

Dit account is verplaatst naar een ander account. Gebruik het nieuwe account om een PM naar mij te sturen. Dank je wel.

Sauvage

Hi Peter,

I hope you'll recover rapidly from your cold.

The switch knob is on the top of the light and the speedo is a white background with black fonts, I can't send you pics before next week because the mopped is not by me yet. You don't have to bother about hunting parts for me but thank you for the proposal :smile:

do you know if the wheels rims are the same as european moped (peugeot, Motobecane,...) ?

Kleesbees

Hi Roul,

Nice PS you have there!!

Originally it lookes like this.
I have both types here.  ;)

The type is PS50J and not M. The type listed on many sites is wrong.
The L and K types are the ones with the chrome plating on the tank. They have different seats and engines, but both are the newer type.
This one is luckilly with the original Honda parts and not the later European parts.
As Peter said the red is "Scarlet Red", the white is "Ivory white", but the gray is much lighter then elephant gray.
Wheel rims are different then the "lelou" type and have a different siding.
Parts are still findable on different Dutch 4-stroke shops.

Good luck restaurating!
C50-H, CD50-H, SS50, C310, C320, P50, PC50, PF50 en PS50

Peter van Geelen.

I have added two colour charts to the website. For the PS50 version, please click here!

Sauvage

Thanks Peter, I think it will help during my resto :-)

Kleesbees, it's a nice pair that you ve got ;-)

is the steering originaly chromed or painted  grey ?

Kleesbees

The steering is chrome  :durr:
C50-H, CD50-H, SS50, C310, C320, P50, PC50, PF50 en PS50

DAX6

Citaat van: Peter van Geelen op maandag 01 oktober 2012 - 17:58
Hello Roul and welcome!

You are at the right spot for this kind of information and here are the colour codes:

Please note that Dutch types were often fitted with plain white fenders instead of ivory white ones.

Do you have any idea if you have a PS50M (Standard edition) or a PS50L (DeLuxe Edition)?
There is another very rare type PS50Y which I have in my collection. Frist type was released in March 1966
Herman,
Honda collector.
PS with a white  " kader " was never built. A creamy white and red  and silver tank were. There also were a PS50A,no chome on the tank but silver painted,PS 50Y very rare with chrome on the tank,PS 50 K/L were the last models, all have a fat tank, with a chroom front fender.
The Dutch ones were slow as there is a big difference in the engines,carb. comparing to the other european countries.
The speedlimit in Holland is 45km/uur,in other countries as Belgium and France 60 +, in Germany there are 2 45 and faster.

philip

Citaat van: DAX6 op vrijdag 14 december 2012 - 10:26
Citaat van: Peter van Geelen op maandag 01 oktober 2012 - 17:58
Hello Roul and welcome!

There is another very rare type PS50Y which I have in my collection. Frist type was released in March 1966
Herman,
Honda collector.
PS with a white  " kader " was never built. A creamy white and red  and silver tank were. There also were a PS50A,no chome on the tank but silver painted,PS 50Y very rare with chrome on the tank,PS 50 K/L were the last models, all have a fat tank, with a chroom front fender.
The Dutch ones were slow as there is a big difference in the engines,carb. comparing to the other european countries.
The speedlimit in Holland is 45km/uur,in other countries as Belgium and France 60 +, in Germany there are 2 45 and faster.

Herman,
Heb je een foto van zo'n vroege PS50Y?
Ik heb ook een PS50 maar denk dat dit een PS50J is, witte plastiek spatborden, grijze tank en een rood frame....
groeten,
philip

DAX6

Pihillip,
Mijn machine ligt uit elkaar om te worden gerestaureerd, ik heb wel een foto ongeraestaureerd.
Stuur mij via een PB of PM je persoonlijk E mail adres dan stuur ik de foto.
Her.
Herman